Monday, March 28, 2011

Ah-ha!

Today Bryan and myself had a conversation about what we each want as a career, and the type of lifestyle we would each like to lead. I realized the answer was so much more simple than I have been making it out to be. I do not need to be focused on searching for my future career, I just need to be doing the things I enjoy. When I'm involved in activities that bring me joy, my future will just sort of fall into my lap. I do not need to have it all written out. It feels like such a relief.

Today ended up being a productive and very fulfilling day. I cleaned our apartment (less clutter = less stress), watched Blade Runner, read some (Into the Wild), had insightful conversations, finished a needle point, played a couple games of chess, and indulged in a delicious bowl of fruit. I felt myself being so much more present in my day compared to any other day.

I'm also going to begin to work on creweling projects to sell on etsy! Hopefully my fingers can hold out on me :)

2 comments:

Brandon Twa said...

liesi! I like the new picture here. it sort of reminds me of the one where you're standing far away in the field waving.

Liesi said...

oh my goodness! I almost forgot about that, good times :)