Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Know Your Roots.

I'm going to start a series of framed embroideries called "Know your Roots." The first one will be no other than the state of Michigan. I have a sketch of what it will potentially look like, and I'm looking for suggestions. Can you think of any symbol that represents Michigan, or a specific city, that I have not already used? I'm thinking I need something for the UP, and perhaps something for the East side of the state. I was also thinking of putting sleeping bear dunes on it, but I have cherries for Traverse City, and it would be a little crowded over there. What is your vote- sleeping bear dunes or the cherries?
(click on the image to see it larger!)
Let me know what you think should me added/taken off! Oh, and yes, I am going to make the Michigan header much more neat. :)


In my 30 Days of no restaurant meals: today is day one! what should I eat today?

xoxo.


No comments: